In today’s hustle and bustle, the ‘we time’ is lost somewhere. Our life is programmed in our brain. Every morning we get up, ready the kids for school, supervise the cook and maid and make sure all pre-requisites are completed to start the day. Then from home to office, office to daycare and back to home. The evening goes in making the kids complete their school project or homework. Dinner and a bit of the TV time soon turns in to night. And the kids are off to bed. Another day is over.Similarly, the 5 days of the week are over. The weekend goes in hosting guests at home, grocery shopping, video calls with parents and in-laws, and indulging in some crazy activities with kids.
Let me suggest some tips for getting some ‘we time’ with your spouse.
- Plan a date.
- Skip office for a day when possible.
- Have a cup of tea with your better half.
- Switch on romantic music.
- Relax and enjoy the moment.
- Take a shower.
- Dress in the outfit you look the best.
- Put on your spouse’s favourite perfume.
- Hang out together.
- Go for a movie.
- Have your favourite food.
- Recall the good old times spent together.
- If you are a home-loving couple, prepare your spouse’s favourite cuisine.
- Decorate your room with fresh flowers and candles.
- Surprise your better half with some special gift.
- Watch a movie at home or engage in any activity you both are interested in.
- Keep your phone on silent mode and don’t let it disturb you for a while.
It’s the truth that “Relationship does exist but connectivity is lost.” To some people, it may sound crazy, but in my opinion, ‘we time’ is also important as it strengthens the relationship and brings immense happiness to couples. So, plan the ‘we time’ with your better half. If you have been already doing it share your experiences in the comments section.
Disclaimer: The views, opinions and positions (including content in any form) expressed within this post are those of the author alone. The accuracy, completeness and validity of any statements made within this article are not guaranteed. We accept no liability for any errors, omissions or representations. The responsibility for intellectual property rights of this content rests with the author and any liability with regards to infringement of intellectual property rights remains with him/her.